📸 Photo Contest Rules
Join our monthly pet photo contest to showcase your best dog's charm and charisma! Each month, we’ll announce a new theme for you to capture the most adorable, quirky, or heartwarming moments of your beloved pets. Whether it’s springtime frolicking, summer adventures, festive holiday cheer, or cozy fall vibes, our contest is your chance to share the joy and love your pet brings to your life. Submit your best photos for a chance to win amazing prizes and have your furry friend featured on our social media platforms. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to show off your furry companion’s paw-some personality - join our monthly pet photo contest today!
THE 🖼️ PHOTO CONTEST
Each month Hiking Dog Co. selects a theme for the photo contest. Hiking Dog Co. posts an announcement of the theme on or after the first day of the month. Only photos submitted based on the specified theme will be considered. Photos entries will be accepted during dates specified in the monthly contest details. Voting will commence for the duration of the calendar month. Winners are chosen after the close of month, and the photo will be displayed in the store for the following month until the next month's winner is posted.
Three steps? Yes, it is that easy. Keep an eye out for our Facebook announcement, post a photo of your dog that matches the theme, and share in the fun of being made Photo of the Month. 📷
One last thing. Good luck!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNT REQUIRED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MINICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS WILL APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Who can participate: Contest is open to all U.S. Residents ages 18 & over. An active and valid Facebook account in good standing is required to participate. Employees of Hiking Dog Co. and its affiliated companies (“Contest Entities”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members are not eligible to enter. Participating in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Submission Guidelines: Participants must submit their dog's photo via Facebook by tagging Hiking Dog Co’s social media account and using the specified hashtag. The hashtag is provided in each announcement. Each participant is allowed a maximum of ONE submission PER MONTHLY contest.
- Winner Notification: The winner selected will be notified via Facebook. The notification may take the form of a comment, post, reply, direct message or other public content. All winners selected must comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
- Disqualification: Hiking Dog co. reserves the right to disqualify any entries deemed inappropriate or not in line with the company's values.
- Only digital photos will be accepted. Reposts, previously posted photos, and photos of dogs not belonging to Participant are not accepted and risk disqualification of all future entries from Participant. Participant agrees to not post the same photo consecutively or multiple times.
- The digital photo submitted must not contain material that violates, misappropriates or infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Ownership/Consent: Each participant must verify that the photo they submit is their own, that they have the right to use it, and that permission has been obtained from anyone appearing in the photo. By submitting a photo, participants grant Hiking Dog Co permission to use their photo on the website, social media, promotional materials or any other means of advertising.
- Privacy Election: Upon request, contest participants may request anonymity or removal of entries in writing to Hiking Dog Co.
- Judging: The photo that receives the most likes by the day voting ends will be the winner for the month. We encourage participants to share that they have submitted a photo and have people vote on your submission. If there's a tie, the winner will be chosen by random draw.
- Winner Announcement: The winner will be announced via Facebook. The winner will be tagged and the photo will be hung in the designated monthly winner area in a Hiking Dog Co. select retail location. Display or publication of any photo on web site does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Hiking Dog Co. will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with use of an entry.
- Prizes: The winner each month may carry a secondary benefit in the form of receiving a prize. Prizes will be announced at the beginning of each month's contest period. Prize winners are responsible for all taxes and fees, if any, associated with prize receipt. Prizes are non-convertible and may not be exchanged, except where explicitly allowed.
- General Conditions: Hiking Dog Co. reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Hiking Dog Co. in its sole discretion. Hiking Dog Co. reserves the right, in its discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other Contest or in an inappropriate or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt by made, Hiking Dog Co. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person, entity or association to the fullest extent permitted by law. Hiking Dog Co.’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that.
- License to Use Entries: By entering the Contest, all Participants hereby irrevocably grant to Hiking Dog Co., its affiliates, licensees, agents and assignees and other working for it or on its behalf a royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), worldwide, non-exclusive license to use, perform, display, reproduce, distribute, modify, make derivative works of, make, have made, sell, offer to sell, import, and otherwise exploit (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) each element of an entrants’ entry (including, but not limited to, the photo submitted) in connection with the Contest, the promotion of the Contest, and in any other manner at the discretion of Hiking Dog Co. in any media now or hereafter known including, but not limited to, on Hiking Dog Co.’s Web pages, social media pages and other digital media, newsletters, third party sites, print materials, television and other broadcast media, for marketing and/or advertising.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entrant hereby irrevocably waives all legal and equitable rights relating to all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, suits, damages, and expenses, including but not limited to claims for copyright or trademark infringement, infringement of moral rights, libel, defamation, invasion of any rights of privacy (including intrusion, false light, public disclosure of private facts, and misappropriation of name or likeness), violation of rights of publicity, physical or emotional injury or distress, or any similar claim or cause of action in tort, contract, or any other legal theory, now known or hereafter known in any jurisdiction throughout the world (collectively, “Claims”), arising directly or indirectly from the exercise of rights by Hiking Dog Co., its affiliates, licensees, agents and assignees and other working for it or on its behalf under these Rules or the production, exhibition, exploitation, advertising, promotion, or other use of entrant’s entry, and whether resulting in whole or in part from the negligence of Hiking Dog Co., its affiliates, licensees, agents and assignees and other working for it or on its behalf, or any other person, and entrant hereby covenants not to make or bring any such Claim against Hiking Dog Co., its affiliates, licensees, agents and assignees and other working for it or on its behalf, and forever releases and discharges Hiking Dog Co., its affiliates, licensees, agents and assignees and other working for it or on its behalf from liability under such Claims.