If you love dogs and enjoy helping them and their people live their best lives, we've got a great job for you!
At Hiking Dog Co, we strive to create a welcoming, relaxed, and positive environment for our customers and our team.
Dog Gear Specialist
- Greet customers & their dogs (if appropriate!) and create a positive experience for them.
- Assist customers in selecting the best dog gear for their dog & their needs. Help with fitting dog gear.
- Learn about our gear and understand its features, uses, benefits and safety measures (training is provided!).
- Make sure merchandise is stocked and store is clean & tidy.
- Basic cashier tasks such as checking out customers & processing returns/exchanges.
- Be able to work well with team members. Ability to communicate effectively with customers in order to understand their activities & needs. Be comfortable around dogs and able to asses and respect the pet's level of comfort (for example, do they need their space or is it ok to pet/approach them). Maintain a positive & calm environment for our visitors & our team!
*Hours: Part time 20-24 hrs/week, including evening and weekend hours
HOW TO APPLY
1. Download this application form
2. Fill out the form and email a copy to email@example.com
3. We will respond within 1 business day to let you know we've received your application
Or visit our store in Clive IA during our regular business hours to fill out an application and learn more about us. We'd love to meet you!